In a world of uncertainty, there are times it’s good to write down what you know…
I’ve done this before, but it’s been a while. And right now with so much going on in my life (building my non-profit createHEART and completing my Masters in Life Coaching – I’ll be done in Sept!!!) my brain is mooshie and thinks short little sentence statements. So writing like this is a best I’ve got this week.
Here’s what I know right now:
- I still get nervous when writing a post that is personal; because I have foes that read my thoughts.
- I try to live with courage. Most days, I know it’s been easier—better—to be transparent.
- There are people in my life that lack grace; more and more I believe they are there for purpose.
- There are people in my life that scare me, because my monster-side shows up to greet them.
- I’ve almost forgiven everyone.
- I wish some would forgive me.
- There are friends I deeply miss.
- Every cupcake has at least 12 bites, it’s important to find and respect and enjoy each one.
- Children are how God laughs.
- Flowers are how God sighs.
- I’m looking forward to Fall; the crisp morning air, fragrant burning leaves, and scamper and scratch of squirrels knocking acorns from the oaks.
- Sometimes a hard laugh turns into a cry because it’s like hitting “stir” on the blender and everything gets mixed and whirled up.
- That’s okay.
- I still have secrets. I’m not sure if that’s good. Or okay.
- I just remembered, there is chocolate (hidden) in a kitchen cupboard that is designated for flower vases.
- I’m befriending and feeding a homeless cat.
- I always want to be a couple sizes smaller than my natural weight.
- When I read scripture I can be bored, but when I study it—all my synapses feel zingy-wonderful.
- My life has changed more in one year than it has in the last ten.
- These last twenty-four months have been the hardest of my life. You’d think I was exaggerating if I told you everything. I have several more hard things ahead but I feel better prepared.
- God shouldn’t trust me this much. Because God knows I wouldn’t trust myself this much.
- There are hymns I cling to; I can’t sing them without feeling the need to weep.
- I figure at some point I’ll grow numb to these songs; that they’ll feel routine; and yet it hasn’t happened.
- I have a friend that walked away from their faith. I think about them often; I don’t know how the story will end.
- People turn up the volume on my curiosity, and overall I immensely enjoy people, quirks and all.
- Especially the “quirks and all.”
- Authenticity is strikingly beautiful.
- Everyone has a purpose. Seek it. Ask for it.
- I want to cry with joy when my clients have an “ah-ha” moment. I’m emotionally holding their hands when the “ah-ha” hurts. I’m physically giddy when the “ah-ha” propels them into a new stage of excellence.
- I constantly coach myself. This has saved my sanity.
- I constantly do art. This has saved my soul.
- There is so much unnecessary pain because we can think it all wrong and believe the lies. In many ways I was born to help others with this.
- Misunderstood kids, and at-risk-youth, break my heart. I think because in my youth I was “closet-ly” at risk.
- Even when it feels impossible, somehow God still has my back.
- Don’t underestimate a simple bottle of soap bubbles. In the moment, blowing bubbles has a way of lifting my spirit and making things okay.
what do you know… right now…