Oh Hi Monday.
I got the idea of “oh hi monday” from a simple quote, that seems untraceable back to its rightful owner (author). I posted it here.
Monday is a day we have to crank back up the power–and often the anxiety–and fast pace we must run during the week.
I hate that. And I’m aiming to attempt to thwart Monday’s power with a little bit of joy. So here’s the deal–trying a new thing for Mondays. Maybe it will stick like spaghetti tossed at the wall. If it sticks it’s ready to eat, if it falls–well then I guess it wasn’t time to be served. I’ll play and hopefully others will too.
Here’s how it works:
1) on Monday I will post “oh hi monday”
2) I will comment on a bit of joy I had over the last week (likelihood, weekend)
- joy is not the same as happiness (although they are often linked)
- joy is more like a moment of gratitude that rests well in your spirit
- often the joy is small–like a blossom on a tree before spring has arrived, or a walk outside that felt so good, a glass of wine with a friend, a movie that touched the heart
- sometimes the joy is big–like a trip to Disneyland, or the birth of a baby, a wedding or proposal
- sometimes it is bitter-sweet–like a smile during a funeral, or a hug shared in a fragile relationship
3) then wouldn’t it be lovely to share your moment of joy, via comment, with the other readers? or share in someone else’s joy by liking or commenting on their joy.
- sometimes when we don’t feel joy, it helps to hear it from others–especially the smallest of joys–which can lead to the realization that we too DID experience joy, we find it and smile because we DID have it.
Okay so that’s the idea to thwart some of Monday’s un-cool power. Wanna play? I’ll start.