oh hi Monday.
This is a place where we aim to do away with the Monday icks. And instead replace the “Monday-blues” with gratitude. You own this post – here’s how it works:
1) Monday’s post = “oh hi monday”
2) Comment on a bit of joy YOU had last week / weekend
3) Share in other commenter’s joy by clicking the “Thumbs Up” by their comment – or even leave a reply about it.
- JOY is not the same as happiness (although they are often linked)
- JOY is a moment of gratitude that rests well in your spirit
- often JOY is small–like a blossom on a tree before spring has arrived, or a walk outside that felt so good, a glass of wine with a friend, a movie that touched the heart
- sometimes JOY is big–like a trip to Disneyland, or the birth of a baby, a wedding or proposal
- sometimes JOY is bitter-sweet–like a smile during a funeral, or a hug shared in a fragile relationship
- sometimes when we don’t feel JOY, it helps to hear it from others–especially the smallest of joys–which can lead to the realization that we too experienced joy somewhere along the way the previous week. We find it and smile because we DID have it.
Okay so that’s the idea. Wanna play? I’ll start.