• Artistic skill not required
• Structured abstract painting
• Encourages self-expression
• Promotes artistic confidence
• Inspires beauty & worth
• Helps restore wholeness
• Great bonding for groups
These specific workshops are like a relaxing and therapeutic spa appointment for your heart, mind, and soul.
Participants can express themselves creatively, document their experience, and create a healing environment for themselves. It also can greatly help individuals deal more effectively with emotional and spiritual areas of difficulties in their lives.
By using Art4Healing® methods, participants experience greater self-awareness, confidence to process feelings and emotions, and new way to optionally articulate and share these profound feelings and emotions with others. The structured approach of art exercises are designed to bring a creative response that encourages the release of many emotional blocks.
PREVIOUS ART EXPERIENCE NOT NECESSARY
Some of the many classes offered are:
• Expressing Feelings with Color – 3-hour workshop teaches you how to abstractly express feelings on canvas with high quality acrylic paints. Participants will have three completed canvas art works to take home.
• Inner Peace– 3-hour workshop teaches you how to abstractly express feelings on canvas with high quality acrylic paints. The focus of this workshop is to restore feelings of peace and calm. Participants will have three completed canvas art works to take home.
• Compassion Fatigue – 3-hour designed for those who work or serve others and face “empty-tank” syndrome. This is a great workshop for individual home-care providers, medical professionals, counselors/therapists, caregivers, EMTs, teachers, pastoral staff, post-mission trip servers, trauma & domestic violence workers, crisis-line responders, and more. Process the stress of your work through abstractly expressing emotions on canvas with high quality acrylic paints. Participants will have three completed canvas art works to take home.
• Heart and Soul – 3-hour workshop teaches you how to express your heart and soul with high quality acrylic paints on canvas. Participants will have three completed canvas art works to take home.
• Restful Watercolor – 2.5-hour workshop that eases the mind as you relax with the soothing flow of watercolor painting techniques. Participants will have three completed art works to take home.
• Painting Prayer – 3-hour workshop teaches you how to express your deepest prayers and gratitude with color. Primary focus will be on the “serenity prayer.” Participants will have three completed canvas art works to take home
• Painting Psalms 23 – 3-hour workshop using Art4Healing® exercises and a special signature piece focusing on Psalm 23. Participants will have three completed canvas art works to take home.
Private workshops can be scheduled for 6+ participants in the comfort of your own office, space, meeting location. These workshops can be incorporated into:
- Staff / Volunteer “self-care” or “wellness” days
- Strategic planning team meetings
- Alternative-meeting experience for life/small groups
Private workshops are incredibly effective for team-building, cohesiveness, and bonding.
Sherry Meneley is a certified Art4Healing® facilitator. Workshops are therapeutic, but this is not “art therapy” rather it’s therapeutic art. Participants are free to create and express without facilitator interpretation. Upon request, a licensed therapist can be on-site and available for extended one-on-one support and deeper discussion as needed.
Life Coach | Creativity Coach
Home | Contact | Disclaimer
Copyright © 2006 – 2016 Sherry Meneley / Soiled Wings
art instruction creativity art journal art journaling art for healing art4healing